Press release: The largest Swiss car-sharing company relies on Juice for its charging infrastructure
The largest Swiss car-sharing company relies on Juice for its charging infrastructure
Mobility set to install upwards of 300 electric charging stations at its locations throughout Switzerland by 2023, using the JUICE CHARGER 2
from Juice Technology AG.
Juice Technology AG, producer of electric charging stations and software and the market leader in portable charging stations for electric vehicles, is supplying the JUICE CHARGER 2 AC charging stations to electrify Mobility’s locations all across Switzerland. The move marks a major step forward for electromobility in the vehicle-sharing sector.
Switzerland’s market-leading car-sharing firm, Mobility, plans to convert its entire fleet – over 3,000 vehicles in total – to emissions-free electric-drive vehicles by 2030 at latest. Simultaneously, the company is quickly expanding its e-charging infrastructure. In a first step, 300 or more e-charging stations are to be installed within the next three years at Mobility locations throughout Switzerland.
Juice and Mobility – a trusted partnership
Mobility depends on simple, uniform charging processes for the electrification of its company locations that will ensure a reliable supply of electric power for the various models of electric vehicles in its fleet. Juice Technology delivered solid proof last year already that its charging stations fully meet Mobility’s needs. In a cooperative undertaking at the end of 2020 with the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB) – Mobility’s biggest and most important location partner – the charging station producer equipped the first e-parking spaces for Mobility with charging infrastructure in Zurich and Aarau. The two companies are now directly collaborating.
“We’re proud to have an opportunity to support Mobility on their way to emissions-free car-sharing and electrifying their vehicle fleet. Our joint start with carpark spaces of SBB has demonstrated that innovative charging technology and quality clearly prove their worth. We’re looking forward to continuing our partnership beyond carpark sites near to train stations,” says Christoph Erni, CEO of Juice Technology AG.
JUICE CHARGER 2 – an AC charging station that makes no compromises
Juice Technology is supplying the JUICE CHARGER 2 AC charging stations to electrify Mobility’s business locations.
“The biggest hurdle to electrifying our vehicle fleet is installing an e-charging network. This is why we’ve brought experienced partners like Juice on board to enable us to implement this project and drive this expansion as rapidly as possible,” explains Roland Lötscher, CEO of Mobility. “The future belongs to e-mobility, and, as pioneers, we want to blaze the trail.”
The high-resolution touch display of the JUICE CHARGER 2 is simple and intuitive to operate, ensuring customers maximum convenience when using this equipment. The intelligent, omni-dynamic and limitlessly scalable load management system makes it possible to easily manage and control the charging operations of all connected e-cars on a central basis. The calibrated electricity meter built into the JUICE CHARGER 2 ensures accurate billing, and equipment activation is enabled via the integrated near-field communication (NFC)/radio frequency identification (RFID) reader.
The JUICE CHARGER 2 – facts and figures
- Compatibility: This 22-kW wall-mounted charging station is compatible with all makes and models of electric vehicles fitted with a Type-2 or Type-1 charge socket, and allows three-phase charging with currents up to 32 amps. It offers the highest level of safety to the latest standards, and is operable at ambient temperatures ranging from -25 to +45 degrees Celsius.
- Housing: The rugged stainless steel housing is corrosion-proof and easy to clean. A light, 3-meter-long cable ensures ease of handling. The housing is splashproof and dustproof to IP6.
- Safety: The integrated technology offers effective protection against alternating-current and direct-current faults. Continuous earth monitoring ensures safety. A temperature monitoring system protects against overheating, and the metallic housing acts as a flame retardant.
- Installation: The wall box is simple and quick to install. Any trained and qualified electrician can connect the wallbox to the power distribution grid. No special training or certification is necessary.
- SmartJuice: Thanks to the series-produced SmartJuice components, the JUICE CHARGER 2 is equipped with an infinitely scalable, omni-dynamic charging and load management system capable of accommodating an unlimited number of parking spaces. This allows real-time monitoring of charging power and the condition of the connected vehicles, and lets you prioritise charging of specific individual vehicles. The wallbox also considers the individual charging characteristics of all vehicle types. This monitoring of over 400 charging characteristics ensures safe, worry-free charging of any electric vehicle.
- Billing: An electricity meter calibrated to standards in line with the EU Measuring Instruments Directive (MID) is installed in the unit as standard equipment to enable precise billing. The activation and payment system via NFC/RFID is compatible with all conventional e-charging cards and credit cards as well as ApplePay and AndroidPay.
- Awards: The JUICE CHARGER 2 is a winner of the international GOOD DESIGN AWARD presented by The Chicago Atheneaum.
Please see www.juice-world.com for more information.
Find out more about the JUICE CHARGER 2 at www.juice-world.com/juice-charger
Easy to install: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjWAs2CpmKs
Easy to use, it is Kurt-proof: https://youtu.be/C3ohYwqSTQw
About Juice Technology
Juice Technology AG, headquartered in the town of Cham in the Swiss canton of Zug, is a globally active producer of charging solutions for electric vehicles. The company’s comprehensive product portfolio, featuring AC and DC charging stations ranging from lightweight mobile devices to large fast chargers, makes it one of the very few full-range vendors in the industry. Juice has dominated the market for mobile 22-kW charging stations since 2014.
The consistent, end-to-end software orientation decisively distinguishes Juice from other solutions available on the market. All Juice devices displaying the “J+” marking are based on the same processor and firmware, making them all mutually compatible with one another. By utilising uniform, consistent software architecture, Juice saves an immense amount of time, effort and cost. Solutions such as omni-dynamic load management, payment by credit card and the open-interface backend are thus all available to the entire product range.
The Juice Group enjoys worldwide presence with its own locations, subsidiaries and partner companies, Juice Services AG and the German firm Juice Europe GmbH headquartered in Munich both form part of the corporate Group. It also has a global network of retailers at its disposal. It currently employs over 160 people in house across the research and development, production, marketing, administration, purchasing, sales and logistics teams.
The company Mobility puts 2,950 motor vehicles at the disposal of its 245,000 customers at 1,540 locations across Switzerland. This cooperative offers Return car-sharing throughout Switzerland, One-Way cars for trips between city centres and airports, and Mobility Go for free-floating in Basel. Thanks to state-of-the-art technology, this car-club sharing system functions simply, economically and fully automatically around the clock on a self-service basis and to strict sustainability standards. In this way, one Mobility car replaces 11 privately-owned cars.
Media contact Daniela Märkl Communication & Public Relations Juice Technology AG email@example.com +41-41 510 02 19 or +49-800 3400 600