Zur Vor-Weihnachtszeit bei den Klöstern im Klösterreich Straß im Straßertale (ots) - Um die ...
Altova Inc., Releases New Product Line Of XML Tools To Accelerate XML Adoption In The Enterprise
Beverley, MA (ots) -
Powerful New Product Line Of XML Editing Tools To Satisfy Unique Needs Of Developers, Web Designers And Business Users
Altova, Inc. ( www.altova.com ), producer of XMLSPY, the world's leading XML development tool with over 600,000 registered users and 90% of the market share, announced today the release of a new product line consisting of easy-to-use software tools to facilitate and advance the adoption of XML technologies. Presently, XML technologies are recognized as an important aspect of systems integration, electronic commerce, and Web Services applications. In order to maximize software developer productivity, corporate information reuse, and the adoption of XML for use in conjunction with web applications; Altova is pleased to announce the availability of three new XML tools - XMLSPY 5, AUTHENTIC 5, and STYLEVISION 5.
XMLSPY 5 is the industry standard XML Development Environment for designing, editing, and debugging enterprise-class applications that involve XML, XML Schema, XSL/XSLT, SOAP, WSDL and Web service technologies. XMLSPY 5 is a necessary productivity tool for J2EE, Microsoft .NET, and database developers.
AUTHENTIC 5 is a standards-based, browser-enabled document editor that allows business users to seamlessly capture thoughts and ideas directly in XML format. This can then be saved for later retrieval or transformation to any content management system, database, or XML repository for subsequent retrieval and transformation, unlocking corporate knowledge. AUTHENTIC 5 is ideally suited as an editing component for use in building document frameworks; which are standard-based, XML Schema-driven document and content management systems that empower business users to create, manage, search, and publish content for multiple audiences or devices across an enterprise. AUTHENTIC 5 fully supports all popular server repositories, including Oracle9iR2, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Software AG's Tamino Server, and other leading content management or XML databases.
STYLEVISION 5 is a radical new XML tool for web developers that provides powerful conversion utilities for painless migration of traditional HTML websites to advanced XML-based sites in full compliance with new Internet standards: XML, XSLT & XML Schema. Stylevision is the only Web developer tool to support HTML Importing, the process by which any traditional HTML page is distilled and separated into three files: an XSLT stylesheet for presentation, an XML Schema (or DTD) that defines the page's content model, and the XML document that contains the page's content itself. Through a visual drag-and-drop interface, a user can separate a page's presentation from content by highlighting content from an existing HTML file, dragging it across the screen, and then assigning it to a content model. Conversion of HTML based websites to XML will facilitate the internationalization, searching, and indexing of billions of documents on the web.
In order to meet the needs of enterprise developers, XMLSPY 5 builds on the success of previous award winning versions through the addition of several key new features:
* XSLT Debugging - XMLSPY now includes a built-in XSLT debugger that allows developers to eliminate any un-desirable program errors. Users can incrementally step through an XSLT transformation process and set breakpoints on either the XSLT stylesheet or the XML input document, inspect variables, check the call stack, analyze node-sets, and more.
* WSDL Editing - WSDL is ideally suited as an Interface Definition Language (IDL) for architecting Web service applications. By first building an interface, client and server programmers can implement their respective programming contract using any language or operating system, while avoiding interoperability problems. XMLSPY 5 Enterprise Edition includes a new Web Service Description Language (WSDL) editor that allows a user to edit, visualize, and validate any WSDL file.
* Code Generation - XMLSPY 5 Enterprise Edition's schema editor now includes Java and C++ code generation capabilities which enable XMLSPY to act as a software modeling and prototyping tool. XML applications can be visually prototyped at a high level in XML Schema and then automatically generated. Changes to an application's XML Schema content model can be immediately reconciled with a software implementation simply by re-running the code generator. Built-in code generation frees software developers from the mundane tasks of writing low level infrastructure code, enabling them to focus on implementing critical business logic. Auto-generation of program code substantially accelerates project development time from initial design to final implementation, resulting in significant cost savings and time to market advantages.
* Tamino Integration - The new XMLSPY 5 Enterprise Edition includes integrated support for Software AG's Tamino XML Server, the world's leading XML repository according to IDC. The XMLSPY editing environment includes the ability to search, open, edit, save, or delete XML documents to and from a Tamino XML Server. Additionally, the XMLSPY schema editor supports editing of Tamino Schema Definitions (TSD), conversion of XML Schemas to TSD files, and validation of XML instance documents validation using Tamino Schemas.
Pricing and Availability
XMLSPY 5, AUTHENTIC 5, and STYLEVISION 5 are available immediately for download and purchase from the Altova Online Shop, www.altova.com/order. See website for complete price-list including special upgrade pricing for current customers, as well as multi-user or concurrent-user licenses or corporate support & maintenance contracts; or contact email@example.com.
Visit the Altova booth and see a live demonstration of the new Altova product line at an upcoming software tradeshow this fall 2002:
- Web Services Edge West, San Jose, California, October 2-3
- Microsoft MEC, Anaheim, California, October 8-11
- OracleWorld 2002, San Francisco, California, November 11-14
Altova, Inc. is a leading provider of XML software solutions with offices in Beverly, MA and Vienna, Austria. The privately held company was founded in 1992 and has been actively involved in the XML market from the early conception of Extensible Markup Language. Altova's XMLSPY 5 is the leading choice of Fortune 500 and Global 1000 companies. Altova's XMLSPY 5 product line is the world's best-selling XML tool and has won the leading industry awards including PC Magazine's Editor's Choice Award. Altova is a technology partner with the world's leading software companies including Microsoft, Oracle, BEA, and Software AG. Altova is a member of the W3C and WS-I. Visit Altova on the web at www.altova.com
Altova, XMLSPY, STYLEVISION, AUTHENTIC and AXAD are trademarks of Altova GmbH registered in numerous countries.
The names of and reference to companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
ots Original Text Service: Altova Inc. Internet: http://www.newsaktuell.ch
Contact: Larry Kim press only / Marketing Director Phone: +1 978-816-1612 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
sales only Phone: +1 978-816-1600 Email: email@example.com EU: + 43 (1) 545 5155 - 0