Lausanne (ots) - Im Jahr 2014 wurden 11'080 Personen wegen einer Alkoholvergiftung in einem Schweizer ...
World Routes to Turn 20 in Chicago!
Las Vegas (ots/PRNewswire) - Las Vegas Officially Hands Over to Chicago for the 2014 Event
As a successful World Routes event in Las Vegas draws to a close Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) and Las Vegas McCarran International Airport have officially handed the event over to the City of Chicago Department of Aviation and Choose Chicago, the city's tourism organisation for the 2014 event.
Speaking at the 19th World Route Development Forum in Las Vegas today Rosemarie S. Andolino, Commissioner of the Chicago Department of Aviation (CDA) said: "On behalf of Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, we are thrilled that Chicago was selected to serve as the host city for the 20th World Route Development Forum in September 2014. The Forum will provide us with the unique and significant opportunity to showcase Chicago's O'Hare and Midway International Airports to airline executives in charge of planning service to new destinations."
"Tourism is a vital, essential part of Chicago's economic strategy," added Don Welsh, Choose Chicago President and CEO. "Hosting the World Routes 2014 conference is an important component of our aggressive strategy underway to achieve Mayor Emanuel's goals for increased visitation from across the globe. Working together with the Chicago Department of Aviation, we intend to deliver a successful conference and memorable experience for attendees in Chicago next year."
"We are delighted to be bringing the 20th World Routes to Chicago next year, the North American Market is strategically important to UBM, not only due to its beautiful city and state-of-the-art meeting facilities but also due to its excellent central location within the region. This will enable World Routes 2014 to have an increased attendance from North America and will ensure attendance from all other worldwide markets because of the global flight accessibility that Chicago's airports offer. "Adrian Newton, Group Director, Transport and Technology, UBM Live.
2014 will see World Routes return to the US for the second year in a row after this year's event which was the first time any Routes event had taken place in the country. The 20th anniversary event will be held at McCormick Place, the largest convention facility in the Western Hemisphere. With the most diverse economy in the United States, and home to several of the aviation industry's leading companies, Chicago makes the perfect home for the 20th World Route Development Forum.
Chicago is one of the most popular visitor destinations in the world. Its unique combination of bustling cityscape alongside beautiful parkland and stunning lakeside vistas saw over 46 million visitors in 2012.
Ranked seventh in the world in the 2012 Global Cities Index, Chicago has the fourth largest GDP in the world amongst metropolitan areas, ahead of both London and Paris. Chicago is also a major domestic and international transport hub and home of United Airlines and Boeing, as well as two internationally renowned airports. Chicago's main airport, O'Hare International, is the second busiest airport in the world for traffic movement and the fifth busiest in the world for passenger traffic, and Midway is the busiest airport in Southwest Airlines' system - meaning Routes delegates can enjoy next year's conference in a city that is rightly regarded as a true aviation landmark.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM Plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.UBM.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc [http://twitter.com/UBM_plc] to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBMNews for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
For further press information please contact: Victoria Jones, PR
Executive, Routes, T: +44-(0)161-234-2730, E: firstname.lastname@example.org