München (ots) - Mehr Angebote als je zuvor gibt es vom 20. bis einschließlich 27. November 2017 während ...
World Routes Awards 2013 Winners Announced
Las Vegas (ots/PRNewswire) - Routes is Pleased to Announce Tourism Australia as Overall Winner for 2013
Tourism Australia were announced as the overall winner of the World Routes Awards 2013 which were formally announced last night during the fabulous Las Vegas Networking Evening which took place in the Garden of the Gods at Caesars Palace sponsored by Caesars Entertainment.
This is the first time that a tourism authority has taken the top spot in the World Routes Awards and speaking just after receiving the highly regarded accolade Andrew McAvoy, Managing Director of Tourism Australia said: "It means a lot to be overall winner in the World Routes Awards 2013. I think it is one of the great partnerships we have in the world, which is our aviation partnerships; our state and territory partnerships and our airport partnerships. So it means a lot to Team Australia. Tourism has gone up to accept the award but quite genuinely it's an award that Australia has achieved together."
The awards, which are voted exclusively by airlines, were split into five categories this year comprising of four airport categories, split by size and a destination category for the best destination marketing campaign by a tourism authority, which was also awarded to Tourism Australia.
Changi Airport Group was named as the winner from the Over 50m Passengers category whilst Copenhagen Airport was honoured from the 20m-50m Passengers group. From the 4m-20m Passengers category San Diego International Airport took the top spot with Darwin International Airport winning the Under 4m Passengers category.
Created in 1997 to recognise excellence in airport marketing as rewarded by airlines, the annual Routes awards provide the airline community with the chance to have their say as to which airport they think provides the best overall marketing services to them.
Nigel Mayes, VP Commercial - Routes, UBM Live said: "We would like congratulate all of this year's winners but much deliberation our panel of judges felt that Tourism Australia should be crowned overall winner due to their clear strategy and their submission which plainly illustrated that it provides support for airlines in all the right areas showing excellence in route development."
In addition to the shortlisted finalists nominated by the airlines, the regional winners from each of the regional Routes events from 2013 automatically gained a place in the final judging. A respected panel of judges made up of senior members of the airline network planning community then reviewed the lists and submissions from the nominated airports in order to determine the winners. The panel consisted of the following experts:
Mr Rick Wagstaffe, Vice President Procurement & Logistics (Airline) for Emirates Mr Marcus Siebenschuh, Manager Network Planning Commercial Frankfurt for Lufthansa Mr Andrew Buchanan, Managing Director, International Planning for United Airlines Mr Jose Montero, Senior Vice President of Finance & CFO of COPA Airlines Mr Chee Khuan Liew, VP, Network & LT Planning for Malaysia Airlines Mr Mark Kopczak, Vice President, Network Planning for Spirit Airlines Mr Keith Green, Manager Network Planning for South African Airways Mr Lukas Johnson, Vice President, Network and Pricing for Allegiant Air Ms Jean Ritch, Manager Network Planning Commercial for Cayman Airways
The full list of companies shortlisted under each award category were as follows:
Over 50m Passengers
- Changi Airport Group - Winner - Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - Highly Commended - Dubai International Airport - Highly Commended - Soekarno-Hatta International Airport - Suvarnabhumi International Airport
Between 20-50m Passengers
- Copenhagen Airport - Winner - Incheon International Airport - Highly Commended - Munich Airport - Highly Commended - Kunming Wujiaba International Airport - Sheremetyevo International Airport - Vienna International Airport
Between 4-20m Passengers
- San Diego International Airport - Winner - Auckland Airport - Highly Commended - Brussels Airport - Highly Commended - Athens International Airport - Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen International Airport
Under 4m Passengers
- Darwin International Airport - Winner - Kilimanjaro International Airport - Highly Commended - Shannon Airport - Highly Commended - Ekaterinburg Koltsovo Airport - Kyiv International Airport (Zhuliany)
- Tourism Australia - Winner - Greater Fort Lauderdale Convention and Visitors Bureau - Highly Commended - Turismo de Tenerife - Highly Commended - Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Culture and Tourism - Seychelles Tourism Board
- Tourism Australia
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com
- Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010. From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM Plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.UBM.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc [http://twitter.com/UBM_plc] to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBMNews for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
For further press information please contact: Victoria Jones, PR
Executive, Routes, T: +44-(0)161-234-2730, E: