Evolution Equity Partners Expands Cybersecurity Focused Investment Platform
New York and Palo Alto, Calif. (ots/PRNewswire)
The firm expands capital base, team and access to best of breed software companies amidst growing investment opportunity
Evolution Equity Partners expands cybersecurity investment platform in 2020 as a leading investor in the segment. The firm grows its capital base, AUM, team and partnerships with best of breed software companies as the cybersecurity investment opportunity rapidly grows.
Investments in 2020
In 2020, Evolution activated a $250m Fund after fully investing a $125m Fund in 2019 and increased AUM to over $675m. The firm completed 8 investments this year including:
- Quantexa - London based market leader in financial crime detection and real time AML/KYC. $56m Series C Round led by Evolution.
- Unbound Technologies - New York City/Tel Aviv based market leader in secure multi-party computation and cryptographic keys. $20m Series B Round led by Evolution.
- Awake Security - Palo Alto based leading network security platform. $36m Series C Led by Evolution.
- (Stealth Company) - London based Quantum cybersecurity company. Early-stage financing led by Evolution.
Existing portfolio companies raised follow on rounds of financing in 2020 including:
- DefinedCrowd - Seattle based AI/ML data platform leader.
- Panaseer - London based continuous control monitoring cybersecurity leader.
- Onapsis - Boston based application cybersecurity leader.
- Logpoint - Copenhagen based security incident and event management (SIEM) leader.
- CounterCraft - London based cyber deception and threat intelligence platform.
Evolution cybersecurity portfolio companies growth news:
- Security Scorecard - Security Scorecard Accelerates on Pathway to 20 million Rated Companies
- Truefort - Winner of 2020 Red Herring Top 100 North America Award
- DFLabs - IncMan SOAR SaaS Cloud Platform Drives Growth
Richard Seewald, Founder & Managing Partner at Evolution, stated: "In 2020 Evolution continued to add talent and assets to a team of leading cybersecurity investors and company builders while partnering with trailblazing software companies expanding in global markets. As we look to 2021, there are a unique set of conditions that set the stage for cybersecurity entrepreneurs to make meaningful impact protecting critical infrastructure in cyberspace. Evolution is privileged to be partnering with these great companies."
Among many notable accolades awarded in 2020 to Evolution and our portfolio, we are pleased to be working with some of the fasted growing cybersecurity and enterprise software companies in the world.
Evolution launched a London office to compliment Palo Alto, New York City and Zurich and added professionals to expand the platform of expertise that serves portfolio companies. The firm has 15 investment professionals including two recent hires:
Ollie Bone, Associate - Prior to joining Evolution, Ollie led venture scouting for global corporates in defense, manufacturing and consulting. He ran an accelerator program for cybersecurity scaleups building a UK and global support network for founders where he worked with leading cybersecurity companies.
Eduardo Martinez, Associate - Eduardo is an associate at Evolution Equity Partners focused on sourcing and monitoring investment opportunities across the technology sector. He is in charge of portfolio management and reporting, performing valuation analysis and due diligence of investments.
Dennis Smith, Founder & Managing Partner at Evolution, stated: "As we approach 2021, cybersecurity is one of the primary risk concerns that enterprise and governments are tasked with. It is imperative that we grasp this challenge and continue to invest in next generation cybersecurity companies that protect our digital economy and national interests. We are thrilled to be working with extraordinary entrepreneurs at the forefront of this important segment and leading fund investors that are partners with Evolution."
About Evolution Equity Partners
Evolution Equity Partners, based in Palo Alto, New York City, London and Zurich invests in fast growing technology companies helping exceptional entrepreneurs develop market leading companies. The firm has a focus on Cybersecurity and adjacent Enterprise Software markets and its partners have been involved as founders, investors and as senior operating executives in leading software companies around the world. Learn more at www.evolutionequity.com and follow us at LinkedIn and Twitter.