Salzgitter AG

SALZGITTER AG: Salzgitter takes over 78 % of the Klöckner-Werke shares, thus raising its stake to 83 %

@@start.t1@@--------------------------------------------------------------------------------   ots.CorporateNews transmitted by euro adhoc. The issuer is responsible for   the content of this announcement. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------@@end@@

merger, acquisition and takeover

Salzgitter (euro adhoc) - Upon fulfillment of the mandatory requirements, particularly approval of the takeover by the EU Commission, Salzgitter AG is to take over another 78 % of the shares of Klöckner-Werke AG on 5 July 2007. Together with the 5 % stake acquired prior to this date, the Salzgitter AG will hold 83 % of the share capital. Salzgitter AG is pleased to have the opportunity of actively supporting the strategic and operational development of the Klöckner Werke Group in its capacity of a financially strong industrial majority shareholder.

From this date onwards, the companies of the Klöckner-Werke Group will be included in the financial statements of Salzgitter AG. Klöckner-Werke AG will form the nucleus of the new Technology Division, alongside the Group´s already existing divisions of Steel, Tubes, Trading and Services.

For the remaining shares in free float, a voluntary public offer to buy the shares for EUR 15 per share (corresponds to a pro-rata amount of the share capital of EUR 5.12) in cash was made on April 30, 2007. The deadline for acceptance of this offer will expire on midnight Monday, July 9, 2007 (detailed information can be found in the bidding documentation under

Klöckner-Werke AG is an industrial holding with subsidiaries which operate worldwide. The mainstay of its business operations is the Dortmund-based KHS AG which ranks among the global leaders of industrial filling and packaging systems for beverages. Other activities include the construction of plastic processing machines as well as food process technology. Klöckner-Werke Group has a workforce of around 5,500 employees worldwide. In the financial year 2006, the company generated sales in excess of EUR 870 million.

@@start.t2@@end of announcement                                                 euro adhoc 05.07.2007 16:30:00

ots Originaltext: Salzgitter AG
Im Internet recherchierbar:

Further inquiry note:
Bernhard Kleinermann
Tel.: +49 (0) 5341-21-3783

Branche: Iron & Steel
ISIN:      DE0006202005
WKN:        620200
Index:    MDAX, CDAX, HDAX, Midcap Market Index, Classic All Share,
              Prime All Share
Börsen:  Börse Frankfurt / official dealing/prime standard
              Börse Berlin / free trade
              Börse Hamburg / free trade
              Börse Stuttgart / free trade
              Börse Düsseldorf / free trade
              Börse München / free trade
              Börse Hannover / official dealing

Weitere Meldungen: Salzgitter AG

Das könnte Sie auch interessieren: