Zur Vor-Weihnachtszeit bei den Klöstern im Klösterreich Straß im Straßertale (ots) - Um die ...
Crossair - Memorial service
Basel (ots) - An ecumenical memorial service will be held in Basel Cathedral on Thursday, November 29 for those who died in the loss of Crossair flight LX 3597 last Saturday. The service will begin at 14:00, and will be open to the public. Swiss Deputy President Kaspar Villiger will attend, as will representatives from government, diplomatic emissaries from various countries and representatives of the churches, Crossair and Swissair.
The service will be transmitted live to the Roman Catholic Church of Christ the King (Christ-König-Kirche) in Kloten, where it will be preceded by a 20-minute period of reflection and prayer. The service will also be broadcast live to Lugano Airport (where it will be shown in the Sala Aeroclub) and Geneva Airport (where it will be shown in the IATA Centre).
Any media representatives who wish to attend the service in Basel Cathedral are asked to communicate this to Crossair Corporate Communications by fax or e-mail (see details below) by 12:30 on Wednesday, November 28. No invitations will be sent; but all registered media representatives will be issued a pink entry card on arrival at the Cathedral with which they can proceed to their reserved seats inside.
- TV signal: The broadcast signal will be provided exclusively and free of charge by Crossair. No other TV cameras will be permitted inside the Cathedral. Any TV stations wishing to carry the signal are asked to contact Ms. Meg Zakowski of Condor Corporate (phone +41 1 256 1575) by 12:30 on Wednesday, November 28.
- Photography: Out of respect for the setting, the occasion and the bereaved, photography inside Basel Cathedral will be restricted to the Keystone agency (phone +41 1 466 9966) and the Peter Hauck photo studio (phone +41 61 272 7343). Please contact either if you require photographic material.
Note to editors:
- The above restrictions are being imposed out of respect for the occasion and the privacy of the bereaved. We hope that we may count on your understanding. Please note that the use of electronic recording devices will also be prohibited.
- There is no parking available at Basel Cathedral, so please use public transport.
- We also ask you to exercise due respect and discretion towards the bereaved.
ots Originaltext: Crossair