Semperit AG Holding

euro adhoc: Semperit AG Holding
miscellaneous
Press release no.8/2001 (E)

--------------------------------------------------------------------- Disclosure announcement transmitted by euro adhoc. The issuer is responsible for the content of this announcement. ---------------------------------------------------------------------

[10.12.2001 - 16:25]

Wien (ots-euro adhoc) - Vienna, 10 December 2001

PRESS RELEASE NO. 8/2001

SEMPERIT AG HOLDING ACQUIRES ITALIAN HOSE FACTORY ROITER S.P.A. ROVIGO

The industrial group of the listed Semperit AG Holding has acquired 40% of the capital stock of the Italian hose factory Roiter S.p.A Rovigo from the current main shareholder Tube.ro S.A. subject to the approval of the Austrian cartel authorities and the Supervisory Board. The remaining 60% of the shares will be taken over at the start of 2002 from two other groups of shareholders. The company also owns the Spanish distribution company Mangueras Técnicas Roiter S.A. in Barcelona.

The consolidated sales of the two companies in 2000 amounted to approximately EUR 7.27 million (the equivalent of some L 13.8 billion or ATS 100 million), with a slight profit on sales.

Roiter has a reputation as a quality producer in clearly defined market segments and has customers in Italy, Spain, France, Germany and other European and Asian countries. The Italian production facility near Padua with its approximately 65 employees currently produces about 1.1 million meters of mandrel built hose (industrial hose with primarily large cross sections) in double-shift operation utilizing a technologically competitive manufacturing process.

The Spanish distribution subsidiary carries the hose produced by Roiter in Italy and various products purchased for resale to complete the product range and hose assemblies.

The Roiter products will be integrated in the Semperit product range, creating interesting additional potential for sales. Semperit industrial hose and elastomer sheeting, in turn, will be marketed in future through the distribution channels of Roiter. Before this acquisition, Semperit had very little business in the Italian and Spanish industrial hose and elastomer sheeting markets.

Further inquiry note: Mr. Hampel



Weitere Meldungen: Semperit AG Holding

Das könnte Sie auch interessieren: