BKW Energie AG

Wind International
BKW acquires four wind farms in Italy

    Bern (ots) - BKW FMB Energy Ltd (BKW) is to acquire from Fortore Energia S.p.A. four wind farms in Italy and will dispose of its stake in Fortore Wind.

    In the spring of 2009 BKW entered the wind power business in Italy by acquiring a 33% interest in the newly-founded Fortore Wind Srl from Fortore Energia, which held on to the remaining 67% stake in the new company.

    Fortore Energia is now buying back BKW's holding in Fortore Wind, as a result of  which BKW can now fully acquire and autonomously operate four up-and-running wind farms in which it already held a stake via Fortore Wind.

    The four wind farms are located in Italy's windiest region, Apulia, at San Chirico, Spina, Monticelli and Franciosa, and, with a collective capacity of 82 Megawatts, generate slightly more than 160 Gigawatt hours of electricity. Acquisition of these wind farms will enlarge BKW's existing wind power capacities.

    The parties have agreed not to disclose the cost of the transaction, which is pending approval from Italy's competition authority.

Contact: BKW FMB Energie AG / Media Communications Sebastian Vogler 031 330 51 07

Weitere Meldungen: BKW Energie AG

Das könnte Sie auch interessieren: