World Routes Marketing Awards - Shortlisted Airports Announced
Manchester, England (ots/PRNewswire) - The World Routes Awards have grown and developed over the last 15 years and are unique within the industry because they are voted for exclusively by the airline network planning community. The awards recognise the excellence in air service development by airports and over the last few months airlines have been voting for the airports who they feel have made the most efficient use of their marketing over the last 12 months.
Shortlisted airports have now been contacted and asked for a submission to support their nomination. This submission process is designed to enable the shortlisted airports to provide information for the judging panel as to why they think they should win the award, providing evidence to support their case. There are five main Airport Award categories split by region and airport size. "The prestige of the Routes Marketing Awards comes from the fact that they are nominated for purely by the airports' direct customers, the airline network planning community," says Nigel Mayes, VP & Commercial for Routes. Mayes continues: "We are delighted to announce these shortlisted airports from the many votes we have received this year and look forward to receiving their submissions for our panel of judges which includes many senior airline network planners."
From the airports nominated the following have been shortlisted within each category:
Americas (Over 4 Million Passengers)
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport - Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport - Houston Airports - Portland International Airport, Oregon - Seattle-Tacoma International Airport - Southwest Florida International Airport
Asia (Over 4 Million Passengers)
- Bangalore International Airport - Beijing Capital International Airport Co. Ltd. - Delhi International Airport Pvt Ltd (DEL) - Incheon International Airport - Melbourne Airport - Mumbai International Airport Pvt Ltd - Singapore Changi Airport - Sydney Airport
Europe (Over 4 Million Passengers)
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - Athens International Airport - Birmingham Airport Ltd - Brussels Airport - Budapest Airport - Hamburg Airport - Munich Airport - Rome FCO Airport
CIS (All Airports)
- Ekaterinburg Koltsovo Airport - Novosibirsk International Airport Tolmachevo - Sheremetyevo International Airport, Moscow - Saint Petersburg International Pulkovo Airport
Africa (All Airports)
- Accra International Airport, Ghana - Entebbe International Airport, Uganda - Jomo Kenyatta international Airport, Kenya - Julius Nyerere International Airport, Tanzania - Mombassa International Airport, Kenya
Airports Under 4 Million Passengers (excluding Africa & CIS)
- Darwin International Airport - Queen Beatrix International Airport, Aruba - London City Airport - Friedrichshafen Airport - Princess Juliana International Airport, St Maarten
This year the Airport Marketing Awards will also include a special award for Airports Under Four Million Passengers and during the ceremony presentations of a Tourism Award, for best destination marketing campaign, and the ORBIS Award for Social Responsibility will also take place.
Winners of these highly regarded awards will be announced during a ceremony which will take place during the 18th World Route Development Forum at the Abu Dhabi Networking Evening on Monday 1st October at the Yas Marina Circuit, home of the F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix racing circuit.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com - Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK?based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm?global.com [http://www.asm%E2%80%90global.com] - Routes and ASM were acquired by UBM Aviation Worldwide Ltd in August 2010.- From 1st August 2012 Routes, ASM and the Airport Cities Conference and Exhibition become part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc. - UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets.--Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter:
For further press information please contact:
Victoria Jones, PR Executive, UBM Aviation Routes Limited, T:
+44-(0)161-234-2730, E: firstname.lastname@example.org