London (ots/PRNewswire) - In recent years advancements in Directed Energy Systems [http://bit.ly/11yZewe] have been slow and hardly moved out of the laboratories, however, 2012 saw a series of successful prototype development testing. This sees an important move for directed energy as it is now being prepared for deployment.
Returning for its 10th Anniversary, Directed Energy Systems 2013 will hear from industry leaders and senior researchers in this area including:
- Thomas Hagen, Future Systems Program Manager, MBDA Germany
- Michael Rinn, Vice President and Programme Manager, Directed Energy Systems,
- RAdml (Ret'd)Massimo Annati, Director, European Working Group on Non-Lethal
- Dr Marten Risling, Experimental Traumatology Unit, Karolinska Institutet
- Dr Michael Cathcart, Lead Electro-Optical Systems Laboratory, Georgia Tech
- Dr David Giri, HPM Consultant and Recipient of the 2006 IEEE John Kraus
- Dr Jon Tattersall, Biomedical Science, DSTL
At the end of 2012, Rheinmetall successfully tested its new 50kW high energy laser based weapon. This represents a major advancement within the Directed Energy Systems community as it demonstrates the move from laboratory to the battlefield. A copy of the article is available to download on the Directed Energy System's website [http://bit.ly/11yZewe].
This is set to be addressed at the Directed Energy Systems [http://bit.ly/11yZewe] event, with Colonel Fabian Ochsner and Dr. Markus Jung, presenting on Rheinmetall's high energy laser weapon programmes and its potential applications within the battlefield.
To participate at Directed Energy Systems 2013, you can visit http://www.directedenergysystemsevent.com or email email@example.com.
About Defence IQ
Defence IQ is a leading news and analysis portal on global defence and military-related topics. Join the 65,000-strong community now for access to articles, videos, podcasts and sector reports: http://www.defenceiq.com/join.cfm.
Notes to Editors:
Contact +44(0)20-7368-9737, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit: http://www.directedenergysystemsevent.com