Montreal, Canada, November 9 (ots/PRNewswire) -
The Hague, Holland
14 et 15 Novembre 2009
Institute for Social Studies
2518 AX Den Haag
The Coordinating committee is pleased to announce the conference
to be held in The Hague on 14 and 15 November 2009.
@@start.t1@@ - Ramsay Clark, New York, "International Criminal Courts for the 21st
century: Equal Justice Under International Law, or War by Other Means?",
Former Attorney General of the United States, Defense attorney for
Slobodan Milosevic and Saddam Hussein and Elizaphan Ntakirutimana at the
- Pierre Péan, Paris, "The ICTR as an instrument legitimizing the actions
of the Great Powers (USA' Great Britain and Israel in the Great Lakes
Region after the collapse of the Berlin Wall. Le TPIR comme instrument de
légitimation des actions des grandes puissances (USA, Grande-Bretagne et
Israël) dans l'Afrique des Grands Lacs après la chute du Mur de Berlin ",
Writer, author of "Noires fureurs,blancs menteurs"
- Jordi Palou Loverdos, Barcelona, " Impunity, international courts and
universal jurisdiction: last law changes in Spain and debate at UN " Mr.
Loverdos has piloted the indictment in Spain before the Audiencia
Nacional of Rwandan leaders for war crimes.
- Jean-Marie Vianney Ndagijimana, Orléans << Apartheid mémoriel et
judiciaire: le cas des Gacaca et du TPIR >>, former Rwandan Ambassador to
France and former Minister in the RPF Government
- Dr John Laughland, Paris "Undermining the Rule of Law: Joint Criminal
Enterprise and Command Responsibility in International Criminal Justice"
- Professor Lennox Hinds, New York "The Presumption of guilt at the Ictr"
- Wilfred Nderitu, Nairobi, Kenya "The Issue of Perjury/Evidence
Gathering at the ICTR and Its Impact on the Administration of Justice"
- Chief Charles Taku, Cameroun "ICTR: Eternalizing the 'Judicial
Genocide' of the Hutu", Cameroun
- Ville Hoikkala, Finnish attorney ,"Legal Issues: Trial of François
Bazaramba in Finland"
- Ken Ogetto, Nairobi, Kenya "The challenges of defending international
crime suspects " Sefence counsel at the ICTR and in the RUF trial-
Special Court for Sierra Leone@@end@@
Admission free for Journalists
In depth interviews available on Saturday 14 November
John Philpot, http://www johnphilpot.com
Canada until 10 November : +1-514-272-9150
Holland +31(0)631-566-495 after 10 November
ots Originaltext: Independent Conference on Its Legacy from the Defence Perspective
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
Please contact: John Philpot, http://www johnphilpot.com, Canada
until 10 November : +1-514-272-9150, Holland +31(0)631-566-495 after
10 November, firstname.lastname@example.org