München (ots) - Neue Doku-Serie über Kinderärzte und ihre kleinen Patienten - Vier Folgen ab Mittwoch, ...
Samsung Unveils European Marketing Strategy, New Products and Directions
Vienna, Austria (ots/PRNewswire) -
- Samsung Electronics Defines Company's European Strategy at First-Ever Samsung European Forum
VIENNA, Austria, March 24 /PRNewswire/ --
A new era for Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., begins in Europe today, with the launch of exciting new products and the announcement of new strategy for the European market. At the first ever Samsung European Forum, Samsung LED TV, the new species of Flat-Panel TVs, makes its official debut in the European market. Samsung is also emphasizing its strategic focus in overcoming the current economic downturn by strengthening relationships with consumers and retailers while exploring B2B opportunities in the enterprise space.
Samsung's evolving strategies and product portfolios will be introduced by new European President & CEO SangHeung Shin, whose vision for the electronics market keynotes an opening press conference today at Samsung's first-ever European Forum, taking place March 24-26 at the Austria Center, Vienna with hundreds of media, dealers and other client partners.
"We aim to grow our European business both by strengthening relationships with key customers and channels and by actively exploring new B2B opportunities," Mr Shin said. "The printer and notebook PC markets, in particular, offer high growth potential."
New Environment for TVs, Notebooks and a Move to the Enterprise
An array of new products will be on display at the European Forum, representing Samsung's strategy of blending innovation with advancement in new markets:
- New Portfolio of LED TVs. Samsung's new 8000, 7000 and 6000 Series of flat screen TVs use LEDs as their primary light source, rather than traditional Cold Cathode Fluorescent Lamps (CCFL). Featuring Samsung's signature ultra-slim design (mere 29mm), which includes a first-ever ultra-slim wall mount solution, the LED TVs possess ultrahigh contrast ratios and slim depths that allow for more artful designs. The TVs also are mercury-free and meet stringent European Eco-label 'flower' guidelines, reducing energy consumption by 40%+ versus traditional LCD TVs of similar size. All of the LED TVs feature Samsung's Crystal TV dual-injection molding that coats a translucent, colored surface to achieve an attractive crystalline appearance.
- Premium Blu-Ray Players and Cinema Systems. Samsung has carried the themes of wireless connectivity and multimedia entertainment to its home theatre lineup for 2009, led by two high-end Blu-Ray players, the BD-3600 and BD-4600, the latter of which is both the world's slimmest and the world's first wall-mountable player. The lineup also includes three Blu-ray Home Cinema Systems: the HT-BD8200 Sound Bar System, the HT-BD7200 2.1-channel Home Cinema System, and the HT-BD1250 5.1-channel Blu-ray Home Cinema System. The goal for all three units is to offer powerful audio performance together with the latest in connectivity options in compact units designed with clean and sophisticated styling. To enhance audio fidelity, these three products feature an improved amplifier engine designed to minimise unwanted noise and distortion.
- New generation of digital still cameras and camcorders. From NX Series, the company's revolutionary new family of hybrid digital cameras, to 12-mega pixel premium digital camera lineups, and full HD digital camcorders are presented at Samsung European Forum. A new concept digital camera, the NX Series offers the performance and image quality of a DSLR and the portability and convenience of a compact point-and-shoot.
- Notebook PCs. Samsung has expanded its line of offerings in the growing European market for Notebook PCs, unveiling a full lineup for the European market during the first half of 2009 that includes the N310 and N120 mini- Notebooks as well as the R522 and Q320 widescreen Notebook PCs.
- Printers for Enterprise Markets. A leader in the consumer and small office/home office printer business, Samsung will take the initial steps in 2009 toward developing leadership in the mid-to-large enterprise market, anchoring its strategy on a progressive new Managed Printing Service (MPS) programme. MPS is part of a new printer infrastructure that will allow Samsung to significantly expand its service partnerships and create embedded solutions packages necessary to compete at the enterprise level.
- A set of high performance monitors and display solutions. Samsung introduces newest eco-friendly monitors including P2070, P2270, P2370 and 2233RZ, a 22" monitor with 120Hz technology. Creating a new market by identifying user needs, the company launches new SyncMaster LD190N/ LD220 monitors which are second monitors for laptop computers. To target the projector market, Samsung releases the first 3D LCD data projector, called L Series, consisting of SP-L200, L250, L300, and L330. Moreover, the company also introduces the Samsung ID 2 solution and 460 DRN monitor for outdoor use to satisfy its B2B customers.
"Our 2009 product lines represent a new generation of converged products that blend technology with the active lifestyles of European consumers," Mr. Shin said. "Our new LED TV range, which we are launching here in Europe today, provides a new species of TV - thinner, stunning picture quality and 40% more energy efficient than the previous LCD generation of TVs."
ots Originaltext: Samsung Electronics (UK) & Europe Ltd
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
Contact: Yeonhee Park, Samsung Electronics, +82-31-277-1099,