München (ots) - Mehr Angebote als je zuvor gibt es vom 20. bis einschließlich 27. November 2017 während ...
Avantium Launches Initial Public Offering on Euronext Amsterdam
Amsterdam, November 5 (ots/PRNewswire) -
- Offer Price Expected to be in the Range of EUR12.50 to EUR16.00 Per Share
- Offer Size Between EUR20 Million and EUR30 Million
- Subscription Starts Today, 5 November 2007, and is Expected to End on 15 November 2007
- Trading on Eurolist by Euronext Amsterdam Expected to Commence on or About 16 November 2007
Avantium, a leading technology company in the area of advanced high-throughput R&D, announces today the details of its planned Initial Public Offering (IPO) on Eurolist by Euronext Amsterdam. The offering consists of new shares for an amount between EUR20 million and EUR30 million, with the price range set at EUR12.50 to EUR16.00 per share. The prospectus will be available as of 5 November 2007 and the offering period will begin on 5 November 2007. Fortis has been appointed as Sole Global Coordinator and Bookrunner for this transaction.
Tom van Aken, Chief Executive Officer of Avantium: "We are very excited about making a major step in our history by launching its initial public offering on Euronext Amsterdam. The funds that we intend to raise by the IPO will be used to finance our exciting product development programs. The public offering will enable us to realise our growth plans and to increase our visibility as an innovative company with a focus on renewable technology solutions."
Details of the offering
- The offering (the "Offer") consists of between EUR20 million and EUR30 million in newly issued shares with a nominal value of EUR0.16 per share (the "Offer Shares").
- The price range has been set at EUR12.50 to EUR16.00 per share.
- Avantium has granted Fortis an option exercisable within 30 calendar days after the first trading date pursuant to which Fortis may require Avantium to issue additional new shares at the final offer price for an amount up to 15% of the amount of the Offer to cover over-allotments made in connection with the Offer and short positions arising from stabilization transactions.
- The Offer Shares will be offered to institutional and retail investors in the Netherlands and to institutional investors in certain other jurisdictions, excluding the United States.
- A maximum of two percent of the Offer Shares is reserved for a preferential treatment of Avantium's employees if they subscribe for the Offer Shares pursuant to the Offer.
- Preferential treatment may also be given to applications received from Dutch retail investors before 17:30 hours (Amsterdam time) on 9 November 2007 in the event that the Offer is oversubscribed.
- The subscription period for the Offer Shares will commence on 5 November 2007 and will end on 15 November 2007 at 17:30 hours (Amsterdam time), subject to acceleration or extension of the timetable for the Offer. Any extension of the timetable for the Offer will be for a minimum of one full business day. The subscription period will be for a minimum of six business days. Avantium reserves the right to change the price range and to increase the maximum amount of the Offer prior to the end of the subscription period. Any change in the offer price range or the maximum amount of the Offer on the last day of the subscription period will result in an extension of the subscription period of at least two full business days.
- The actual number of Offer Shares and the final offer price will be determined after the end of the subscription period and will be announced on or about 16 November 2007. The actual number of Offer Shares and the final offer price will be incorporated in a pricing statement which will be deposited with the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets (Stichting Autoriteit Financiële Markten) (the "AFM") and will be announced by means of a press release, an advertisement in the Daily Official List and in at least one national newspaper distributed daily in the Netherlands.
- The allotment will occur following the end of the subscription period and is expected to occur on or about 16 November 2007 prior to start of trading on Eurolist by Euronext Amsterdam. Fortis, in consultation with Avantium, may allocate the shares at its own discretion. Consequently, investors may receive a smaller number of Offer Shares than they applied to subscribe for, or none at all.
- Avantium will apply for admission of its shares to listing and trading on Eurolist by Euronext Amsterdam under the symbol A. Trading of its shares on Eurolist by Euronext Amsterdam is expected to commence on or about 16 November 2007 on an "as-if-and-when-issued" basis.
- The settlement date of the Offer is expected to be on or about 21 November 2007, which is the third business day following the date on which trading is expected to commence on Eurolist by Euronext Amsterdam.
Avantium, established as a spin-off from Royal Dutch Shell in 2000, has developed advanced high-throughput R&D technology. Its proprietary technology enables the company to conduct many automated experiments in parallel on a very small scale, providing fast and cost effective research at superior success rates. Avantium has demonstrated the validity and commercial viability of its unique, patented technology and expertise by providing R&D services and tools to its clients in the energy, chemicals and pharmaceutical industries. The company services more than 70 companies worldwide, including many market leaders such as BP, Royal Dutch Shell, Sasol, Pfizer, Boehringer Ingelheim and GlaxoSmithKline. Building on its track record and proven technology, Avantium plans to raise funds through an IPO to further grow its business by advancing its exciting product development programs in the fields of next generation biofuels and improved forms of existing drugs.
Use of proceeds
Avantium intends to use the net proceeds it receives from the Offer for:
- advancing its biofuels and pharmaceutical development programs;
- reinforcing and expanding its technology and intellectual property portfolio;
- expanding the capacity of its services and tools business in terms of equipment and personnel; and
- general corporate purposes, including working capital requirements, capital expenditures and acquisitions if and when they present themselves.
For more information on the Offer and Avantium please refer to the prospectus dated 2 November 2007. An advertisement regarding the general availability of the prospectus will be published today. Copies of the prospectus as approved by the AFM can be obtained in electronic form from the website of Euronext Amsterdam N.V. (http://www.euronext.com) and Avantium (http://www.avantium.com) (Dutch residents only) or can be obtained in hard copy free of charge from Fortis Bank (Nederland) N.V., Rokin 55, 1012 KK Amsterdam (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
NOT FOR RELEASE, DISTRIBUTION OR PUBLICATION INTO OR IN THE UNITED STATES, AUSTRALIA, CANADA AND JAPAN.
This announcement is not an offer to sell or a solicitation of any offer to buy the securities of Avantium (the "Company", and such securities, the "Securities") in the United States or in any other jurisdiction.
The Securities have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act") and may not be offered or sold in the United States unless registered under the Securities Act or an exemption from such registration is available. No public offering of Securities of the Company is being made in the United States. This communication is directed at and distributed only to (i) persons outside the United Kingdom, or (ii) persons having professional experience in matters relating to investments who fall within the definition of "investment professionals" in Article 19(5) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005 or (iii) high net worth companies, unincorporated associations and partnerships and trustees of high value trusts as described in Article 49(2) of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (Financial Promotion) Order 2005. Any investment or investment activity to which this communication relates is available only to and will be engaged in only with such persons.
In connection with the offering, Fortis Bank (Nederland) N.V. (the "Stabilization Manager") (or persons acting on behalf of the Stabilization Manager) may over-allot shares or effect transactions with a view to supporting the market price of the Securities at a level higher than that which might otherwise prevail. However, there is no assurance that the Stabilization Manager (or persons acting on behalf of the Stabilization Manager) will undertake stabilization action. Any stabilization action may begin on or after the date on which adequate public disclosure of the final offer price of the Securities is made and, if begun, may be ended at any time, but it must end no later than 30 days after allotment of the Securities.
All investment is subject to risk. The value of the Securities offered may go down as well as up. Past performance is no guarantee of future returns. Potential investors are advised to seek expert financial advice before making any investment decision.
This announcement does not constitute a prospectus. The offer to acquire securities pursuant to the proposed offering will be made, and any investor should make his investment, solely on the basis of information that will be contained in the prospectus to be made generally available in The Netherlands in connection with such offering. Copies of the prospectus as approved by the AFM can be obtained in electronic form from the website of Euronext Amsterdam N.V. (http://www.euronext.com) and Avantium (http://www.avantium.com) (Dutch residents only) or can be obtained in hard copy free of charge from Fortis Bank (Nederland) N.V., Rokin 55, 1012 KK Amsterdam (e-mail: email@example.com).
ots Originaltext: Avantium Technologies B.V.
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
Further information: For more information about this press release
please contact: Citigate First Financial, José Tijssen, Phone:
+31-20-575 4010, Email: Jose.Tijssen@citigateff.nl