München (ots) - Neue Geschichten mit und über Deutschlands wahrscheinlich bekannteste Glamour-Familie ...
Boston Scientific to Release Latest Clinical Trial Results on Market-Leading TAXUS(R) Coronary Stent Systems at EuroPCR
Natick, Massachusetts (ots/PRNewswire) -
- Results to Include Nine-Month Data on TAXUS(R) Liberte(TM) Stent
Boston Scientific Corporation (NYSE: BSX) today announced the schedule of the Company's major events and press announcements at the Paris Course on Revascularization (EuroPCR), which runs from May 16 to 19 in Paris, France.
"The data we will present at EuroPCR builds on the continued strength and leadership of the TAXUS brand of coronary stent systems," said Paul LaViolette, Chief Operating Officer of Boston Scientific. "We expect this data will offer further evidence of the performance and durability of our current drug-eluting stent platform, as well as the deliverability and efficacy of our second generation product, the TAXUS Liberte paclitaxel-eluting coronary stent system."
Tuesday, May 16 (all times are Paris time)
- Symposium on drug-eluting stents. At 1:30 p.m., the Company will host a symposium entitled "The Great Debate on drug-eluting stents," chaired by Jean Marco, M.D., in Room 1 of the Palais des Congres, 2 Place de la Porte Maillot, Paris. The symposium will focus on key issues related to drug-eluting stent (DES) usage in daily practice and will review the options and decision criteria for the usage of the TAXUS(R) paclitaxel-eluting coronary stent systems versus other platforms through evidence-based medicine.
- Peripheral Interventions trial data. At 1:43 p.m., nine-month results from the RENAISSANCE clinical trial will be presented by Krishna Rocha-Singh, M.D., F.A.C.C., the study's principal investigator, at a late-breaking trials session in Room 2. RENAISSANCE is a prospective, multi-center trial designed to confirm the safety and efficacy of the Express(R) SD stent for renal artery stenting. At 1:45 p.m., one-year results from the MELODIE clinical trial will be presented by Luc Stockx, M.D., at a late-breaking trials session in Room 2. MELODIE is a prospective, multi-center trial designed to confirm the safety and efficacy of the Express(TM) Vascular LD stent for the treatment of iliac artery lesions. The Company will issue a press release on the MELODIE results at this time.
- ATLAS nine-month data. At 5:20 p.m., nine-month results from the ATLAS clinical trial will be presented by Mark Turco M.D., F.A.C.C., the study's co-principal investigator, at a late-breaking trials session in Room 1. The ATLAS clinical trial is a global, multi-center, pivotal study designed to support U.S. Food and Drug Administration approval of TAXUS Liberte(TM), the Company's second generation, paclitaxel-eluting stent system. ATLAS studies the TAXUS Liberte stent system, compared to a case-matched control group of TAXUS Express(TM) and TAXUS Express2(TM) patients from TAXUS IV and TAXUS V de novo studies. ATLAS is the first global trial of a second-generation DES. The Company will also issue a press release at this time.
- TAXUS VI long-term data. At 5:52 p.m., the Company will release three-year results from its TAXUS VI clinical trial, which evaluates the safety and efficacy of a moderate-release formulation of its TAXUS Express paclitaxel-eluting stent in high-risk patients, including long lesions, small vessels and diabetics. (The Company's current commercialized product uses a slow-release formulation.) The results will be presented by Keith Dawkins, M.D., the study's co-principal investigator, at a late-breaking trials session in Room 1. The Company will also issue a press release at this time.
- S.T.E.N.T Registry nine-month update. At 6:02 p.m., nine-month results from the Strategic Transcatheter Evaluation of New Therapies (STENT) registry will be presented by Thomas Stuckey, M.D., at a late-breaking trials session in Room 1. This large, independent, prospective, multi-center registry evaluates the comparative late clinical outcomes of paclitaxel- and sirolimus-eluting coronary stents among "real-world" cases and clinical situations, including diabetics and other high-risk patients. With a planned enrollment of more than 8,000 patients, the STENT registry is the largest study of its kind in the United States.
Boston Scientific will present its latest innovations at booth #F14, including the iLab Ultrasound Imaging System - a completely functional IVUS system designed to be installed into a cath lab.
Boston Scientific is a worldwide developer, manufacturer and marketer of medical devices whose products are used in a broad range of interventional medical specialties. For more information, please visit: www.bostonscientific.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements. The Company wishes to caution the reader of this press release that actual results may differ from those discussed in the forward-looking statements and may be adversely affected by, among other things, risks associated with clinical trials, the regulatory approval process, reimbursement policies, commercialization of new technologies, litigation, the Company's overall business strategy and other factors described in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
ots Originaltext: Boston Scientific Corporation
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
CONTACT: Geraldine Varoqui, Boston Scientific PR Manager
International, Tel: +49-2102-489-461, firstname.lastname@example.org OR Maren
Koban, BSC press office, Tel: +44(0)20-7973-4497,