München (ots) - Neue Doku-Serie über Kinderärzte und ihre kleinen Patienten - Vier Folgen ab Mittwoch, ...
Nissan Reports September 2007 Sales in Europe
Trappes, France (ots/PRNewswire) - Nissan Europe sold a total of 62,798 vehicles (1)in September 2007, an increase of 18.1% compared to the same period last year. Total year-to-date sales have reached 422,069 units.
This is the six consecutive month in which Nissan sales in Europe have been higher year-on-year. The strongest markets were the UK, Russia, Germany, France, Italy and Spain.
- The UK recorded a strong month with 18,065 vehicles due to the national registration plate change, which was up 2.9% on the previous year. .
- Since becoming a national sales company, Belgium performed very well with 1,373 units compared to 623 last year, an increase of 120%.
- The new X-TRAIL has got off to a good start with 5,757 vehicles sold and with a current loyalty rate of around 65% of owners from the previous model.
- The high demand for QASHQAI continues with 13,751 sold in September reaching a total of 79,559 sales since its launch early this year.
- Micra and Note continue to perform well across Europe with 12,389 (including Micra C+C) and 10,666 units sold respectively in September.
- Navara continues to do well with 6,206 units sold in September against 4,569 the previous year.
- Cabstar also sold well with 1,592 units against 1,036 of the previous version last year
TOP 10 COUNTRIES
September 07 Variation
UK 18,065 + 3 %
Russia 9,955 + 55 %
Germany 5,422 + 2.7%
France 5,101 + 42.5 %
Italy 4,894 + 25.1 %
Spain 4,171 + 12.6 %
Holland 1,825 + 17.3 %
Belgium 1,373 + 120.4 %
Ukraine 1,097 + 90.5 %
Sweden 984 + 8.1 %
- Please note that the year-to-date figures quoted are since January 2007. However, the year to date figures quoted in the sales results from the June and July results press release were in fact fiscal year to date. We apologise for any confusion. All future reporting will be based on calendar year to date.
Nissan employs around 12,000 people in its European design, research and development, manufacturing, logistics, and sales and marketing operations. Last year, the company produced a total of 506,602 vehicles in its Spanish and British plants. Nissan Europe's Head Office is based in Trappes (Paris), France.
For further information on all markets, please contact Nissan Europe Corporate Communications.
(1) The sales figures quoted are retail sales figures for a large European scope covering all of Nissan Europe's markets including the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Cyprus, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Baltic States, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Israel and the French Overseas Territories.
These figures are not to be confused with the figures published by the ACEA who report registration figures and do not cover such a broad European scope as Nissan.
ots Originaltext: Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
Contact: Penny Szczepaniak, Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe,
+33-1-30-13-57-87, E-mail: email@example.com; Isabelle
Huet, Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe, +33-1-30-13-56-44,