Zur Vor-Weihnachtszeit bei den Klöstern im Klösterreich Straß im Straßertale (ots) - Um die ...
Reversing Front Wiper Motor - Safe, Stylish, and Effective
Paris (ots/PRNewswire) - Designed to rotate 180 degrees instead of 360 degrees like a conventional motor, Valeo's electronically controlled reversing motor reduces the travel of the wiper linkage and frees a large amount of space in the plenum area. One motor is installed at each end of the windscreen, replacing the bulky wiper linkage of the two-wiper motor system currently used.
The motor is especially suited to large windscreens requiring an opposed wiper system and offers new positions for inactive wiper blades, which may, for example, be set to a vertical position at either end of the windscreen, improving the integration of the wipers in the overall look of the vehicle, and spotlighting their own design.
The system also features five major innovations.
- Depressed park: automatic electronic control conceals the wipers under the hood when they are not in use, optimising the driver's field of vision and reducing danger to pedestrians in the event of an impact.
- Wipe-angle correction: the motor calculates the slant of the blades according to the condition of the windscreen (dry, wet, etc), to optimise wiping effectiveness.
- Electronic speed control: this function enhances comfort by reducing the noise of the blade reversal.
- Obstacle detection: the motor detects obstacles, such as thick snow, and automatically calculates the suitable wipe angle, to prevent damage to the wipers.
- "Service" position: this function simplifies blade replacement.
The reversing front wiper motor has outputs between 40 and 50 Nm and, in combination with Valeo's Flat-Blade wiper system, offers optimal wiping quality. Flat-Blade wipers have no metal superstructure, and boast a sleek, modern design, combined with silent operation and minimal vibration.
This new system confirms Valeo's world leadership in terms of the design and production of wiper systems.
ots Originaltext: Valeo
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.newsaktuell.ch
Sophie Porte, Telephone number: +33-1-40-55-37-68, E-mail: