Berlin (ots) - N26, die mobile Bank, erweitert das Produktangebot in Österreich. Dank der ...
United Airports of Georgia to Host Routes Silk Road
Manchester, England (ots/PRNewswire) - The route development forum for CIS, Central & Eastern Europe, Middle East & Asia heads to Tbilisi
Routes Silk Road is the route development forum that connects CIS, Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia and Routes is delighted to announce that United Airports of Georgia (UAG) under the auspices of the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development has been officially appointed as the Host of the 2014 event which will take place on 6-8 July of this year.
Routes Silk Road, which will be held for the first time instead of Routes CIS, is expected to attract around 250 delegates. The event, which will take place in Tbilisi, the beautiful and historic capital of Georgia, will offer airports, airlines, tourism authorities and other stakeholders the perfect platform to do business and improve air transport networks.
"The passion and commitment of the United Airports of Georgia and its stakeholders impressed our selection team and we are thrilled that Routes Silk Road will take place in Georgia," said Adrian Newton, Group Director, Transport and Technology, UBM Live: "Georgia is a gateway connecting several important economic regions including Europe, the Newly Independent States (NIS), Turkey, the Caucasus and Central Asia and as such it is the ideal location for Routes Silk Road and one which we are looking forward to sharing with the broader airline and airport community."
Minister of Economy Giorgi Kvirikashvili commented: "We are privileged to host Routes Silk Road 2014 in Tbilisi. It is a unique opportunity for Georgian airports, airlines, tourism authority and their stakeholders to further develop its business and expand the network. I believe Tbilisi is a perfect location for this event and it will be a great experience for all attendees. The fact that Georgia is hosting such an event underlines the great dedication of our country to the industry as well as reflecting our aspiration to turn Georgia into a regional hub, in the nearest future, as one of the important points of the historic Silk Road."
"In recent years Georgia has seen unprecedented growth of air transport, passengers and number of tourists," added CEO of UAG Kate Aleksidze: "United Airports of Georgia has developed some major infrastructural projects during the last few years and has a lot to show to the international community of the aviation industry."
The event promises to help its host deliver on its objectives to raise awareness of the destination to the global aviation community and promote the country as an important geographical location. This is underlined by the significant growth in passenger numbers (over 30%) which the country has seen across all Georgian airports since 2012, with further growth expected this year.
The event will also allow the UAG to showcase Kutaisi David the Builder International Airport which opened in 2012. It is the first low cost airport in the region and is focussed solely on attracting low cost carriers to facilitate tourism development in Georgia. As a 100% state owned enterprise UAG owns all four airports, which includes three international, in the country and over the last eight years, all airport terminals have been fully rebuilt and modernised.
Located at the crossroad of Europe and Asia, Georgia is the ideal location for Routes Silk Road. The country is a transportation hub with 400km of highways and 600km of air routes passing through it the Transport Corridor Europe-Caucasus-Asia (TRACECA) creating the shortest route from Europe to China and Asia. It is a unique and diverse country with a land area of only 70,000 square kilometres mixing an ancient, rich culture with beautiful natural landscapes. Georgia boasts 12,000 historical and cultural monuments, 14 strict nature reserves and 8 national parks. In addition the country is one of the oldest Christian countries and the birthplace of the first European civilisation with the discovery of 1.8 million year old human remains in the foothills of the Caucasus Mountains.
Notes to Editors
- Routes organises world-renowned airline and airport networking events through its regional and global Route Development Forums. Each year, there is one global event and one regional event in Asia, Africa, Europe, the Americas and CIS respectively. http://www.routesonline.com
- Routes was founded in 1995 as part of the Manchester UK-based ASM Ltd., a consultancy specialising in the field of route development for airports. http://www.asm-global.com [http://www.asm%E2%80%90global.com]. Routes and ASM are part of the UBM Live division of UBM plc.
- UBM Live connects people and creates opportunities for companies across five continents to develop new business, meet customers, launch new products, promote their brands and expand their markets. Through premiere brands such as MD&M, CPhI, IFSEC, TFM&A, Cruise Shipping Miami, the Concrete Show, the Routes portfolio of events, Airport Cities and many others, UBM Live exhibitions, conferences, awards programs, publications, websites and training and certification programs are an integral part of the marketing plans of companies across more than 20 industry sectors. http://www.ubmlive.com
Follow us on twitter: @Routesonline, @TheHUBRoutes, @VictoriaRoutes, @NLPROU, @airlineroute
About UBM plc
- UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
- For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com [ email@example.com]; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc [http://twitter.com/UBM_plc] to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news from all UBM's businesses; follow @UBM for a flavour of UBM from selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
For further press information please contact: Victoria Jones, PR
Executive, Routes, T: +44 (0) 161 234 2730 E: firstname.lastname@example.org.