Air Berlin PLC

euro adhoc: Air Berlin PLC
Mergers - Acquisitions - Takeovers
Air Berlin concludes contract for the take over of Condor Flugdienst GmbH - 75.1 percent of Condor to be acquired in February 2009 and the remaining 24.9 percent in February 2010

@@start.t1@@--------------------------------------------------------------------------------   Disclosure announcement transmitted by euro adhoc. The issuer is responsible   for the content of this announcement. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------@@end@@

Take over Condor

20.09.2007

Ad-hoc Press Release as per Article 15 of the Securities Trading Act

London, 20 September 2007 - Air Berlin PLC hereby announces that it has agreed with Thomas Cook AG ("Thomas Cook") to a two-step acquisition of the shares of Condor Flugdienst GmbH ("Condor") by means of a share swap. On 10 February 2009, Air Berlin will acquire the 75.1 percent share Thomas Cook currently holds in Condor. The remaining 24.9 percent of Condor will be acquired in February 2010, subsequent to Thomas Cook acquiring said 24.9 percent of Condor from Deutsche Lufthansa AG ("Lufthansa") in February 2009 by exercising a purchase option. In return for its share in Condor, Thomas Cook will receive Air Berlin shares to be issued, which, depending on the market quotation at the time the agreement is implemented, are valued at EUR 380 million to EUR 475 million. In the process, Thomas Cook is likely to acquire an interest of up to 29.99 percent in Air Berlin. The acquisition of the Condor shares is subject to approval by the competent cartel authorities. The agreement on the mutual participation concluded between Air Berlin and Thomas Cook is still subject to Deutsche Lufthansa AG not exercising a contractual pre-emption right. Subsequent to the closing of the first step of the acquisition transaction scheduled to take place in February 2009, Thomas Cook will be represented on the Board of Directors of Air Berlin PLC. Air Berlin estimates that the synergies resulting from a successful takeover will amount to at least EUR 70 million per year.

For additional information, please consult our IR-website at ir.airberlin.com.

Air Berlin PLC The Hour House 32 High Street Rickmansworth WD3 1ER Hertfordshire Great Britain WKN AB1000 (Share) Frankfurt Stock Exchange (Official Market, Prime Standard) WKN AONQ9H (Convertible Bond) Euro MTF Market on the Luxembourg Stock Exchange

@@start.t2@@end of announcement                                                 euro adhoc 20.09.2007 06:00:00
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------@@end@@

ots Originaltext: Air Berlin PLC & Co Luftverkehrs KG
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch

Further inquiry note:
Ingolf Hegner
Head of Investor Relations
+49 (0)30 3434 1532
ihegner@airberlin.com

Branche: Air Transport
ISIN:      GB00B128C026
WKN:        AB1000
Index:    Classic All Share, Prime All Share, SDAX
Börsen:  Börse Frankfurt / official dealing/prime standard
              Börse Berlin / free trade
              Börse Hamburg / free trade
              Börse Stuttgart / free trade
              Börse Düsseldorf / free trade
              Börse München / free trade



Weitere Meldungen: Air Berlin PLC

Das könnte Sie auch interessieren: