Zürich (ots) - Der Family Business Award zeichnet jährlich besonders nachhaltige Familienunternehmen ...
Olaf von Maydell is appointed to the Board of Trustees of the Jacobs Foundation
Zurich (ots) - Dr. Olaf von Maydell has been appointed to the Board of Trustees of the Jacobs Foundation, effective May 1, 2013. A tax consultant who holds a PhD in agricultural economics, Dr. von Maydell is a partner in the Schomerus & Partner tax consulting firm in Berlin. He served as General Manager of the Max Planck Institute for Human Development in Berlin from 2006 to 2011, and from 2001 to 2006 he was Head of Finance for Doctors Without Borders in Berlin.
"With his experience in quite diverse organizations in the nonprofit sector, Dr. Olaf von Maydell will play an important role in making the results of the Jacobs Foundation's work in child and youth development even more transparent," says Dr. Johann Christian Jacobs, chairman of the Jacobs Foundation's Board of Trustees. "As a recognized expert in tax and nonprofit law, Dr. von Maydell will assume the leadership of the Board's Audit Committee."
After studying economics and agricultural economics and earning his PhD from the Technical University of Berlin, Dr. von Maydell worked in accounting and tax consulting from 1993 to 2001. Among other activities, he teaches courses on taxation in the nonprofit sector at Berlin's Humboldt University and on tax law and financial reporting at the NPO Academy.
"Searching for excellent projects in the sense of Klaus J. Jacobs' vision, as well as handling the entrusted funds responsibly and transparently is the foundation's constant challenge", says Dr. Olaf von Maydell. "It is a privilege to contribute to this work."
The new Board of Trustees of the Jacobs Foundation as of May 2013:
Dr. Johann Christian Jacobs (Chairman) Attorney; Hamburg, Germany
- Prof. Ernst Buschor Former Member of the Government and Minister of Education of the canton of Zurich; Zollikerberg, Switzerland
- Lavinia Jacobs Independent art consultant; Zurich, Switzerland
- Nathalie Jacobs Journalist; Zurich, Switzerland
- Prof. Ulman Lindenberger Director at the Max Planck Institute for Human Development; Berlin, Germany
- Dr. Auma Obama Founder and Chairwoman of the Sauti Kuu Foundation; Munich, Germany - Prof. Marta Tienda, Ph.D. Professor at Princeton University; Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- Prof. Laura Tyson, Ph.D. Professor at the Haas School of Business, University of California; Berkeley, California, USA
- Dr. Olaf von Maydell Partner at Schomerus & Partner; Berlin, Germany
Information for the media: Photos of the Board of Trustees of the Jacobs Foundation are available at www.jacobsfoundation.org .
Information about the Jacobs Foundation The Jacobs Foundation is active worldwide in promoting child and youth development. It was founded in Zurich by entrepreneur Klaus J. Jacobs in 1989. The Jacobs Foundation allocates a budget of approximately 35 million Swiss francs per year to fund research projects, intervention programs and scientific institutions. It is committed to scientific excellence and evidence-based research. With its investment of 200 million euros to support Jacobs University Bremen (2006), the Jacobs Foundation has set new standards for private funding.
Alexandra Güntzer, Head of Communication