Bern (ots) - Im Rahmen einer ausserordentlichen Generalversammlung haben die anwesenden Mitglieder von ...
The New Chrysler Moves Forward as Independent Company
Auburn Hills, Michigan and Stuttgart, Germany (ots/PRNewswire) -
Chrysler announced that the sale of the majority interest in the Chrysler Group to an affiliate of Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. was completed today, creating Chrysler LLC, or "The New Chrysler" -- the first major North American automotive manufacturer in more than a half century to be privately owned.
On May 14, 2007, DaimlerChrysler AG announced that an affiliate of Cerberus would acquire an 80.1 percent equity interest in the holding company of what is now legally known as Chrysler LLC. DaimlerChrysler AG, which will be renamed "Daimler AG" pending shareholder approval in the fall, will retain the remaining 19.9 percent interest. As previously stated, joint projects between the two companies will continue.
First Day Activities
The New Chrysler will celebrate its "First Day" on Monday, August 6, at its Auburn Hills, Michigan world headquarters building and its facilities around the world. The company will continue to roll out the launch of The New Chrysler throughout the year. The Pentastar logo will also return as the company's corporate mark in an updated form, and will be unveiled Monday.
Chrysler LLC, headquartered in Auburn Hills, Michigan, produces Chrysler, Jeep(R), Dodge and Mopar(R) brand vehicles and products. Total sales worldwide in 2006 were 2.7 million vehicles. Sales outside of North America were the highest in a decade with an increase of 15 percent over 2005. On the heels of the company's record product launch year (Chrysler launched 10 all-new vehicles in 2006), the company plans to extend that streak with eight all-new products in 2007. Its product lineup features some of the world's most recognizable vehicles, including the Chrysler 300, Jeep Commander and Dodge Charger. The Chrysler Foundation, the company's philanthropic arm, gave US$23.6 million in grants in 2006.
Established in 1992, Cerberus Capital Management, L.P. is one of the world's leading private investment firms with approximately US$25 billion under management in funds and accounts. Through its team of more than 275 investment and operations professionals, Cerberus specializes in providing both financial resources and operational expertise to help transform undervalued companies into industry leaders for long-term success and value creation. Cerberus is headquartered in New York City, with affiliate and/or advisory offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Los Angeles, London, Baarn, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Osaka and Taipei. More information on Cerberus can be found at http://www.cerberuscapital.com.
Web site: http://www.cerberuscapital.com
ots Originaltext: Chrysler Group
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
Mike Aberlich, +1-248-512-2704, cell +1-248-635-7072, email@example.com, or
Shawn Morgan, +1-248-512-2692, cell +1-248-760-2621, firstname.lastname@example.org,
both of Chrysler Group; or Peter Duda, +1-212-445-8213, or JJ Rissi,
+1-212-445-8224, both of Cerberus, or Cerberus Media Line,
+1-212-891-1558. NOTE TO EDITORS: For information about 2007 labor
negotiations, please visit http://cgmedia.daimlerchrysler.com or