Maidenhead, England (ots/PRNewswire) - Who: ViroPharma, an international biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercialising innovative solutions for physicians to address the unmet medical needs of patients living with diseases that have few, if any, clinical therapeutic options.
What: European Congress of Endocrinology, Bella Center, Copenhagen, Denmark, 27 April - 1 May
- The ViroPharma symposium, 'A new paradigm in the treatment of patients
with adrenal insufficiency', 28 April 2013, 18.30-20.00, Auditorium 15, will bring
together an internationally renowned faculty to discuss:
- Challenges of meeting needs of adrenal insufficiency (AI) patients with
immediate release hydrocortisone
- The impact of current therapies on well-being and quality of life
- Latest research on the circadian rhythm of cortisol, including its
importance in metabolism and cardiovascular health
- Innovative new approaches for optimising the management of AI
- Two posters will be presented at the ECE scientific sessions:
- Poster 1: European Adrenal Insufficiency Registry (EU-AIR): a comparative
observational study of glucocorticoid replacement therapy. Poster P49. Ekman et
al.: Tuesday 30 April, 13:00-14:00 PDT, Poster hall.
- Poster 2: Management of Addison's disease patients using dual release
hydrocortisone during periods of intercurrent illness (ICI). Poster P24.
Johannsson et al.: Monday 29 April, 13:00:14:00 PDT, Poster hall.
Co-Chairs: Eystein Husebye, Bergen, Norway; Ulla Feldt-Rasmussen,
Panel: Eve Van Cauter, Chicago, USA; Ashley Grossman, Oxford, UK; Anna
Nilsson, Gothenburg, Sweden; Marcus Quinkler, Berlin, Germany
For further information about ViroPharma, visit http://www.viropharma.com
For further information about ECE, visit http://www.ece2013.org
About ViroPharma Incorporated
ViroPharma Incorporated is an international biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel solutions for physician specialists to address unmet medical needs of patients living with diseases that have few if any clinical therapeutic options, including C1 esterase inhibitor deficiency, treatment of prolonged, acute, convulsive seizures in children and adolescents, adrenal insufficiency, and C. difficile infection (CDI). Our goal is to provide rewarding careers to employees, to create new standards of care in the way serious diseases are treated, and to build international partnerships with the patients, advocates, and health care professionals we serve.
ViroPharma Incorporated Contacts:
Emma White (Media), PR & Advocacy Manager, Europe,