Aarburg (ots) - Franke bringt die Premium-Technologie seiner Profi-Maschinen in eine neue Klasse. Die neue ...
Official: Original HP isThe Best Choice for Printing
Lisbon (ots/PRNewswire) -
- European Research Firm Innovationstechnik Proves Original HP Inkjet Cartridges Print More and are More Reliable Than Alternatives
HP today announced the findings of a third party report it commissioned to look into the efficacy of Original HP ink cartridges as compared with alternative, so-called 'store/refill brand' and 'refill station' European offerings.
Leading European research firm Innovationstechnik tested more than 1,000 inkjet cartridges from 16 well-known European store/refill brands and refill station offerings against their Original HP counterparts during late 2006 and early 2007. The findings were very clear(1):
- Original HP inkjet cartridges print 34% more pages than compatible alternatives(2)
- Original HP inkjet cartridges print 69% more pages than cartridges refilled at refill stations(3)
As well as looking at the relative yields afforded by the different inkjet cartridge alternatives, Innovationstechnik also tested their relative reliability. The results were equally clear-cut:
- On average, more than one in five (24%) compatible alternatives were dead on arrival(4) or failed prematurely(5)
- On average, one in three (33.6%) inkjet cartridges refilled at shops or kiosks were dead on arrival or failed prematurely
"In yet another test, Original HP Supplies prove that they offer not only better reliability and better quality results than alternative options, but they give far superior value for money," said Vincent Vanderpoel, vice president and general manager Supplies Business, Imaging and Printing Group, Europe, Middle East and Africa. "Considering HP's unrivalled commitment to environmental responsibility in printing supplies and choice of supplies to suit every printing project requirement, the reasons to buy anything but originals are becoming less and less convincing."
Innovationstechnik tested a minimum of 17 cartridges per cartridge type and brand to ensure statistical validity, though in some case more cartridges were tested as necessary to adhere to ISO/IEC 24711, which states that a minimum of nine cartridges must be successfully tested. Page yield was then calculated based on all cartridges tested, including defective units.
Similarly, the testing of a minimum of 17 cartridges tested per cartridge type and brand ensured statistical validity for the reliability tests performed by Innovationstechnik. Reliability problems were expressed as the percentage sum of dead on arrival cartridges and those that resulted in premature failures.
For more information on test results, methodology and HP and Innovationstechnik, please visit www.hp.com/cc/inktest (where cc stands for country code, e.g. 'uk' for the UK, 'it' for Italy, etc.)
About HP Vivera Inks
HP Vivera Inks, designed exclusively for HP inkjet printers, enable consumers using HP specialty photo papers to print extremely high-quality photos that will resist fading for generations. The extraordinary performance results from superior ingredients, unique formulations and painstaking manufacturing processes that ensure exceptional purity.
Formulated to work together with the printer and paper as an entire system, HP Vivera Inks encompass two key elements that contribute to the inks' exceptional performance:
Superior ingredients and unique ink formulations: proprietary HP Vivera Inks are specifically designed to address key printing attributes most important to customers.
From innovative dyes to advanced pigment dispersion technologies, HP ink technology continues to stay ahead.
Exceptional ink purity: combining precise levels of purity for each ingredient with stringent, "clean" manufacturing processes helps ensure the optimal reliability and performance of HP inks.
HP focuses on simplifying technology experiences for all of its customers - from individual consumers to the largest businesses. With a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure, HP is among the world's largest IT companies, with revenue totaling US$97.1 billion for the four fiscal quarters ended April 30, 2007. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.
Innovationstechnik, founded in 1979, has been offering quality assurance and testing services to the imaging and printing industry for more than 10 years. Among Innovationstechnik's customers are both OEM as well as aftermarket companies. Innovationstechnik also regularly conducts testing for the biggest German IT publication, Computerbild.
(1) Based on results of brands tested in 2006/2007 by Innovationstechnik test commissioned by HP. Testing performed on HP 45, HP 78, HP 56 and HP 57 Inkjet Print Cartridges. Individual results may vary. See the Innovationstechnik report at www.hp.com/cc/inktest for details.
(2) Confronted with different comparative advertisement rules within the EMEA region, the percentage HP communicates across EMEA is based on German comparative advertisement legal rules that bound HP to communicate the result compared to the best German tested brand with 34.6%, instead of the average test result of 79.5%
(3) Confronted with different comparative advertisement rules within the EMEA region, the percentage HP communicates across EMEA is based on German comparative advertisement legal rules that bound HP to communicate the result compared to the best German tested brand with 69.1%
(4) 'Dead on arrival' cartridges were defined as those exhibiting substantial ink leakage, fewer than 50 pages printed, or colour mix on 10 consecutive pages.
(5) 'Premature failure' cartridges were defined as those that afforded less than 75% of the average yield excluding DOAs for that cartridge type and brand.
This news release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If such risks or uncertainties materialize or such assumptions prove incorrect, the results of HP and its consolidated subsidiaries could differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements and assumptions. All statements other than statements of historical fact are statements that could be deemed forward-looking statements, including but not limited to statements of the plans, strategies and objectives of management for future operations; any statements concerning expected development, performance or market share relating to products and services; anticipated operational and financial results; any statements of expectation or belief; and any statements of assumptions underlying any of the foregoing. Risks, uncertainties and assumptions include the achievement of expected results and other risks that are described from time to time in HP's Securities and Exchange Commission reports, including but not limited to the risks described in HP's Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended Oct. 31, 2006 and other reports filed after that Form 10-K. HP assumes no obligation and does not intend to update these forward-looking statements.
(c) 2007 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice. The only warranties for HP products and services are set forth in the express warranty statements accompanying such products and services. Nothing herein should be construed as constituting an additional warranty. HP shall not be liable for technical or editorial errors or omissions contained herein.
ots Originaltext: Hewlett-Packard Company
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
Editorial contacts: Marion Schmidt, +49-7031-14-57-341,
firstname.lastname@example.org; Hewlett-Packard Company, Schickardstr.
32, D-71034 Boeblingen, Germany