Zürich (ots) - Innovationen erfolgen aufgrund der Digitalisierung und Globalisierung in einem ...
Richard Molyneux, Ex President and CEO of De Beers Canada, Joins ICS Board of Directors
Abbotsford, Canada (ots/PRNewswire) - ICS Copper Systems Ltd (The company or ICS), (ICX:TSX.V) is pleased to announce that Mr. Richard Molyneux, BSc(Hons) Geo, PrNatSc(RSA), joined the Board of Directors of ICS Copper Systems Ltd effective April 11 2008. Mr. Molyneux's valuable experience in various types of heavy mineral and geochemical sampling, photo-geological interpretation, exploratory drilling, geophysical surveys, various sample treatment methodologies, as well as supervisory experience running exploration projects in an African environment will be of great assistance to ICS. As ICS progresses towards development of its sulphide deposits, Mr. Molyneux's knowledge of underground mine design and non-explosive rock breaking will be most welcome.
Mr. Molyneux is currently consulting in the diamond industry and serving on various boards of Directors.
Highlights of Mr. Molyneux's career include the following:
- Secured a scholarship from Anglo American Corporation to study at the University of Cape Town where he attained a BSc (Hons) degree in Geology.
- Joined De Beers Consolidated Mines in 1971. He subsequently worked in the Anglo American head office from 1973 to 1974 and conducted exploration in the field in Swaziland and the Northern Transvaal where he carried out the field work leading to the discovery of the Venetia Diamond Mine.
- Appointed Resident Geologist at Premier Diamond Mine in 1976 and worked there until 1983 where he was actively involved in the planning and execution of a new mining operation below the major gabbro sill intersecting the Premier pipe.
- Appointed Chief Geologist of Namaqualand Mines being responsible for the exploration and ore reserve management activities in marine and alluvial deposits over several hundred kilometres of coastline.
- Appointed General Manager in March 1995 of Namaqualand Mines. This position included overall responsibility for the mining carried out in four plant complexes treating over 6.0 million tons of ore annually, with a work force of approximately 2,000. As the mining operations were in a remote area, De Beers maintained two towns providing educational, medical, shopping, transport and recreational facilities all of which were covered by the duties of Richard as General Manager.
- Transferred to Kimberley in October 1997 as General Manager of Central Mines with overall responsibility for the Finsch, Koffiefontein and Kimberley operations. These were all underground operations with five operating shafts employing over 2000 people and utilizing a wide variety of mining methods. Kimberley is the historical Head Office of De Beers Consolidated Mines Ltd and the General Manager position required interaction with political, labour and community leaders.
- Appointed as President and CEO of De Beers Canada Corporation in January 2000. In this position his main mandate was to create a fully integrated company to support future production operations, and to take the company's advanced exploration projects through the required engineering studies and regulatory processes, with the objective of establishing a significant new diamond production base for De Beers in Canada. During the six years he was in this position approval was obtained for the construction of the Snap Lake and Victor Mines, both of which were under construction when he retired in May 2006.
President and CEO of ICS Graham Chisholm comments: "We are indeed honoured to have men of this calibre join our company."
ICS COPPER SYSTEMS LTD.
Signed "Graham Chisholm"
Graham Chisholm, President & CEO
This release includes certain statements that are "forward-looking statements". All statements in this release, other than statements of historical facts that address future exploration, development and production activities, and other circumstances, events and developments that the Company expects, are forward-looking statements. Although management believes the expectations expressed in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, such statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, events and developments may differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements. The occurrence of certain risk factors, the probability of which is unknown, may also affect actual results, events and developments expected by the Company.
The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
For further information:
For Investor Relations:
Web Page: http://www.icscopper.com
ots Originaltext: ICS Copper Systems Ltd
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
For further information: Graham Chisholm, email@example.com,
Office: +1-604-859-3007, Cell: +1-604-302-0746; For Investor
Relations: Brett Whitelaw, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: