Stuttgart (ots) - Mit dem 911 Carrera T belebt Porsche das puristische Konzept des 911 T von 1968 neu: ...
Liza Minelli's Long Time Bodyguard Sues Her for 'Money Damages Arising From Personal Injuries' and Producer David Gest Will Testify if Subpoenaed
Los Angeles (ots/PRNewswire) - The following is being issued by JL Public Relations, on behalf of DGP, Inc.:
Producer David Gest has been besieged by press since the announcement in the New York Post on October 1, 2004 that "M'Hammed Soumayah, Minnelli's former long-time chauffer, confidant and companion, has quietly filed suit against the Oscar winner, claiming she repeatedly attacked him in alcohol-fueled rampages, a knowledgeable source told The Post. The suit was filed under seal earlier this week, but court records show it seeks "money damages arising from personal injuries." The (Post) source said "some of those injuries were the result of attacks at the hands of the 58-year-old Minnelli... Liza should change professions -- drop acting, go into boxing... This is deep trouble for Liza. It completely vindicates David Gest."
Gest announced, "I am not surprised at the news as I witnessed Mr. Soumayah being beaten by Ms. Minnelli on many, many occasions." If subpoenaed by Soumayah or his attorney, Harvey Mars, Gest will testify to the truth of what he saw. Gest went on to state, "It's a tragedy that such a great talent as Ms. Minnelli is not getting the proper help and care for her problem with alcohol."
According to seven-time karate champion and Liza Minnelli's former European bodyguard, Imad Handi, "This is now the third bodyguard Liza Minnelli has attacked. She bit her Los Angeles bodyguard, Willie Green, in the chest with teeth marks going through his skin, belted me in the stomach and now hurt the man (M'Hammed Soumayah) who saw her through encephalitis when she could not walk and talk. To top it off, in a drunken rage, she even started choking her and David's production manager, Steve Benanav. With this new suit, the Post source was right by stating David Gest has been completely vindicated. I was with Liza in Italy, Holland, France and England and will testify in Court about the horror stories Liza Minnelli put David and me through. The woman obviously needs help."
Gest, who will announce next week his first major show in a year and a half since suffering excessive head injuries from the hands of 58-year-old Minnelli, is finally getting back to work after being under extensive medical care and on many prescription drugs. Gest's production will feature 100 stars and take place on December 6, 2004 at The Cannon Center For The Performing Arts in Memphis, Tennessee at 7:00 P.M. Gest is now residing between Memphis and Honolulu. A press conference is to be held in Memphis during the next two weeks announcing the event, stars performing and a humanitarian effort Gest will be undertaking.
The Post also stated that Gest may be filing a suit against the Pennsylvania-based rehab center, the Caron Foundation for "releasing Liza too early." In response to that, Gest has stated, "If I do file a suit or class-action against the Caron Foundation, its President, Doug Tieman and their rehab assistant, Bill Teuteberg, it will be for much more than releasing Ms. Minnelli too early!" Gest went on to add, "My heart goes out to M'Hammed, his wife and two children (to whom Minnelli is a Godparent) because I have seen what she is capable of and know how trying a situation like this can be. I feel confident that the truth will prevail and justice will be served when we each have our day in Court."
Released by Joanne Lichtenstein for DGP, Inc.
ots Originaltext: JL Public Relations, on behalf of DGP, Inc.
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.newsaktuell.ch
Warren Cowan, +1-310-275-0777, for DGP, Inc.