Nürnberg (ots) - 931 Touren an drei Tagen - wo gibt's denn sowas? Nur in Nürnberg (und Fürth), wo ...
Nissan Reports August Sales in Europe
Trappes, France (ots/PRNewswire) - Nissan Europe reported total sales of 36,570 vehicles (1) in August 2007, an increase of 6% compared to the same month last year. Total year-to-date sales have reached 359,271 units.
This is the fifth consecutive month in which Nissan sales in Europe have been higher year-on-year. The strongest performers were Russia, Ukraine, the Nordic region, Belgium, Austria and Italy.
- For the regions of Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, Nissan sold 12,304 vehicles in August, registering an increase of 50.6% compared to the same month last year.
Year-to-date, Nissan sold a total of 83,908 vehicles in these countries, up 73.62% compared to the same period last year.
- The Nordic region saw a strong month compared to the same period last year. Norway achieved an increase of 25.7% with a year-to-date total of 4,010 vehicles and Sweden saw an increase of 21.33% taking the year-to-date figure to 6,090 vehicles.
- Once again, Nissan's compact crossover, QASHQAI, continues its success with 7,757 sales in August, with a total of 65,808 sales since its launch early this year.
- Note, Navara and Pathfinder continue to perform well across Europe with respectively 5,336, 3,398, and 1,434 units sold in August.
- The New X-TRAIL was launched in most European markets and achieved sales of 4,333 units, a 24% increase compared to the previous model last year.
Top 10 Countries
August 07 Variation %
Russia 10,807 42
Germany 3,432 - 22,2
Spain 3,236 - 7,7
France 2,519 -7,4
Italy 2,150 11,1
UK 2,003 -37,8
Ukraine 1,242 122,6
Greece 948 -19,9
Sweden 840 17,8
Netherlands 830 4,5
(1) Please note that the year-to-date figures quoted are since January 2007. However, the year to date figures quoted in the sales results from the June and July results press release were in fact fiscal year to date. We apologise for any confusion. All future reporting will be based on calendar year to date.
Nissan employs around 12,000 people in its European design, research and development, manufacturing, logistics, and sales and marketing operations. Last year, the company produced a total of 506,602 vehicles in its Spanish and British plants. Nissan Europe's Head Office is based in Trappes (Paris), France.
For further information on all markets, please contact Nissan Europe Corporate Communications.
(1) The sales figures quoted are retail sales figures for a large European scope covering all of Nissan Europe's markets including the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Cyprus, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Baltic States, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Israel and the French Overseas Territories.
These figures are not to be confused with the figures published by the ACEA who report registration figures and do not cover such a broad European scope as Nissan.
Penny Szczepaniak, Corporate Communications
Isabelle Huet, Corporate Communications
ots Originaltext: Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
Contact: Penny Szczepaniak, Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe,
+33-1-30-13-57-87, E-mail: email@example.com; Isabelle
Huet, Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe, +33-1-30-13-56-44,