Urdorf (ots) - Nach der Weltpremiere des neuen A110 am Automobilsalon Genf 2017 bereitet Alpine Schritt ...
Nissan Reports February Sales in Europe
Trappes, France (ots/PRNewswire) - Nissan Europe reported total sales of 32,468 vehicles(x) in February 2007, a decrease of 4% compared to the same month last year. Year to date, Nissan sold 61,874 vehicles in Europe, a decrease of 5.3% compared to the same period last year.
Total industry volume was down 2.8% this month in Western Europe, compared to last year, particularly in markets such as Spain, Portugal and Germany (down 14% vs last year). Furthermore, following Nissan's run-out of three products from the popular C and D segments (Almera, Tino and Primera) at the end of last year, Nissan reported a decline in sales for the month of February.
Despite this, the Russian and UK markets performed well, as did Eastern Europe and the Nordic regions. Sales of the new Qashqai have just begun for which the initial order bank shows a promising start.
- For the region of Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan, Nissan sold 6,644 units in February, registering an increase of 80% compared to last year. Year to date Nissan sold a total of 11,699 units in these countries, up 88.8% compared to the same period last year.
- In the UK, Nissan sold 2,235 units in February, an increase of 3.7% compared to last year. Year to date Nissan sold 6,486 units in the UK, down 16.0% compared to the same period last year.
- In Eastern Europe (Hungary, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia), Nissan sold 1,399 units, an increase of 38.2% compared to last year. Year to date, Nissan sold 2,261 units in Central and Eastern Europe.
- In Italy, Nissan sold 3,834 units in February, down 14.6% compared to last year. Year to date Nissan sold 6,957 units in Italy, down 19.1% compared to the same period last year.
- Nissan in Spain sold 4,255 units in February, down 15.3% compared to last year. Year to date Nissan sold 7,106 units in Spain, down 19.1% compared to the same period last year.
TOP 10 COUNTRIES
Feb 07 vs Feb 06 % ytd 06 vs ytd 06 %
vs 2006 vs 2006
Russia 5,909 77.6 10,475 87.2
Spain 4,255 -15.3 7,106 -19.1
Italy 3,834 -14.6 6,957 -19.1
France 2,380 -29.1 3,950 -37.1
UK 2,235 3.7 6,486 -16
Germany 1,814 -45.8 3,021 -53.8
Poland 717 30.8 1,209 210
Ukraine 675 82.4 1,083 80.5
Finland 649 -40 1,651 -22.6
Sweden 516 69.2 947 23575
Nissan employs around 12,000 people in its European design, research and development, manufacturing, logistics, and sales and marketing operations. Last year, the company produced a total of 506,602 vehicles in its Spanish and British plants. Nissan Europe's Head Office is based in Trappes (Paris), France.
For further information on all markets, please contact Nissan Europe Corporate Communications.
Penny Szczepaniak Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe
Stéphanie Boerhof Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe
Note to Editors:
(x) The sales figures quoted are retail sales figures for a large European scope covering all of Nissan Europe's markets including the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Cyprus, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Croatia, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, the Baltic States, Ukraine, Russia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Israel and the French Overseas Territories.
These figures are not to be confused with the figures published by the ACEA who report registration figures and do not cover such a broad European scope as Nissan.
ots Originaltext: Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.presseportal.ch
CONTACT Penny Szczepaniak Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe,
+33-1-30-13-57-87, E-mail: email@example.com; Stéphanie
Boerhof Corporate Communications, Nissan Europe, +33-1-30-13-67-65,