München (ots) - - Elf neue Episoden der US-Horrorserie ab 9. November immer donnerstags um 21.00 Uhr ...
Nissan Europe Reports December Sales
Paris, France (ots/PRNewswire) - Nissan Europe reported total sales of 45,531 vehicles (1) in December 2004, a decrease of 8% compared to the same month last year.
In calendar year 2004, Nissan Europe sold 543,948 units, 0.3% up on 2003.
HIGHLIGHTS BY COUNTRY
- Nissan in France sold 5,626 units in December, registering a 0.4% increase compared to 2003. In CY 2004, Nissan sold 49,810 units in France, up 5.8% from the previous year.
- In Germany, Nissan sold 5,339 units in December, representing a decrease of 40.7% compared to 2003. In CY 2004, Nissan sold 60,068 units in Germany, 14.2% down from the previous year.
- In Italy, Nissan sold 3,662 units in December, representing a decrease of 47.4% compared to 2003. In CY 2004, Nissan sales in Italy reached 70,402 units, down by 9.8% compared to the previous year.
- Nissan in Spain sold 7,917 units in December, up by 13.9% compared to 2003. In CY 2004, Nissan sales in Spain rose to 69,750 units up by 12.1% compared to the previous year.
- In the UK, Nissan sold 5,912 units, a decrease of 12.1% compared to the previous year. In CY 2004, Nissan's sales in the UK totaled 104,287 units, down 9% compared to 2003.
- In Russia, Nissan sold 4,284 units, an increase of 200% compared to 2003. In CY 2004, Nissan's sales in Russia rose to 28,438 units, up 200.3% compared to the previous year.
- The Micra was Nissan's best-selling European model with a total of 12,760 unit sales in December representing a decrease of 20.8% against the same month in 2003. In CY 2004, total Micra sales reached 168,837 units, down by 3.5% compared to the previous year.
- X-TRAIL sales increased by 9.6% in December against the same month in 2003 to 5,764 units. In CY 2004, total X-TRAIL sales reached 64,419 units, up by 25.8% compared to the previous year.
- Pickup sales increased by 7.1% in December against the same month in 2003 to 4,325 units. In CY 2004, total Pickup sales reached 44,217 units, up by 11.5% compared to the year before.
Nissan employs around 12,000 people in its European design, research and development, manufacturing, logistics, and sales and marketing operations. In 2003, the company produced a total of 448,513 vehicles in its Spanish and British plants and sold 542,292 vehicles in Europe. Nissan Europe's Head Office is based in Trappes (Paris), France.
(1) The sales figures used are retail sales figures for all of Nissan Europe's markets including the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, France, Holland, Switzerland, Austria, Russia, Belgium, Luxembourg, Portugal, Greece, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Cyprus, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, the Adriatic States, Bulgaria, the Baltic States, Ukraine, the Commonwealth of Independent States, Turkey, Israel and the French Overseas Territories.
ots Originaltext: Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Im Internet recherchierbar: http://www.newsaktuell.ch
For further information, please contact: Penny Szczepaniak Corporate
Communications, Nissan Europe, +33-1-30-13-57-87, E-mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org . Gilles Gautherot Corporate
Communications, Nissan Europe, +33-1-30-13-67-67, E-mail: