- Cross-reference: Financial Results for the 4 th Quarter and
Financial Year 2002 is available
- Cross-reference: photos were sent via satellite and are
available at: http://www.presseportal.de/galerie.htx?type=obs
Herzogenaurach (ots) - In financial year 2002, PUMA continued ist
profitable course and set new milestones. Phase III of PUMA's
long-term corporate development plan started with extraordinary sales
and earnings growth. Consolidated sales rose by 52% in 2002. A
further improvement in the gross profit margin and a decline in costs
relative to sales resulted in earnings before taxes (EBT) more than
doubling. Earnings per share reached a new record high of EURO 5.44.
During the past year the company's share price increased by 91%.
Including sales generated by licensees, PUMA's brand sales totaled
EUR 1.4 billion.
Financial Results for the 4th Quarter and Financial Year 2002
PUMA AG herewith announces ist consolidated financial results for
the 4th Quarter and Financial Year 2002.
Financial Performance 4th Quarter
- Strong growth continues, consolidated sales up 46.5%
- Gross profit margin at 44.3%
- EBT at EUR 19 million, an increase of 78.5%
- Earnings per share EUR 0.78
Financial Performance for Full Year 2002
- Worldwide brand sales increase 36.4%
- Consolidated sales grow 52.1%
- Gross profit margin reaches 43.6% at high level
- EBT more than double from EUR 57 million to EUR 124 million
- Earnings per share jump from EUR 2.58 to EUR 5.44
- Future orders reach a record level of EUR 531 million
- Sales increase of more than 20% expected for 2003
ots Originaltext: PUMA AG
U.S.A. Lisa Beachy
Europe Ulf Santjer